For navigation without live traffic there is no cellular data connection required. But if you want live traffic updates you need a data connection, but it will only be used for traffic data, not for transmitting the entire navigation route and instructions, i.e. safe your bandwidth as good as possible.
Articles in this section
- How does the Chris proactive voice assistant work?
- How to correct the voice input?
- Which hand gestures does Chris support?
- What display does Chris have?
- Does Chris need cellular data connection on smartphone to be ON during the navigation? How does he fetch live traffic updates?
- Can you see the display with polarized glasses on?
- Is Chris able to show the duration of the trip in real time and the time of arrival? Is there an option to avoid tolls and paid roads?
- Can you add favourite destinations and take directions by telling chris just the name of that destination?
- Isn't the screen too small for an effective navigation?